This giant, maple-flavored, cinnamon roll-type pastry is a Christmas morning tradition at my house.
1 Cup warm water
¼ Cup sugar
1 TBSP yeast
¼ Cup Oil
1 tsp salt
3 ½ Cups bread flour
1 Cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp maple flavoring
½ Cup butter
¼ Cup butter
1 Tbsp milk
2 Cups powdered sugar
- Mix water, yeast, sugar, oil, egg, and salt in a large mixing bowl equipped with a kneading arm.
- Add bread flour and mix.Knead on speed 2 for 5 minutes.
- Let rise for 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down and divide dough into 3 balls and place in a large greased bowl.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator several hours or overnight.
- Roll out 1st ball of dough into a circle to cover the pizza pan.
- Place on pizza pan. Spread with half the filling mixture.
- Repeat for 2nd ball of dough and filling.
- Roll out 3rd ball of dough and place on top of the second
- Mark center of the stack of dough with a small glass to make the indentation of a circle.
- Mark off 16 “rays” from the center. Cut through all three layers of dough for each “ray”.
- Pick up one ray and twist it 3 times. Place back down and repeat for all 16 pieces.
- Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes.
- Place foil or cookie sheet beneath pizza pan to catch the drips.
- Mix frosting with beaters until smooth and creamy. Spread or pipe